Hey, Beauties! Today, I share with you Zakia's Moroccan Ghassoul Clay Powder. Do you love a good Face & Body Mask? I do!
A weekly mask with natural and organic clay from deep inside the Ancient Atlas Mountains of Morocco are the perfect skin treatment for cleaning, detoxifying, toning and rejuvenating. A facial mask treatment made from Ghassoul clay can be relaxing and give your skin a new healthy glow. Ghassoul clay's most impressive properties in skin improvement are its capacity of absorption and adsorption due to its high level of ion exchange.
Ghassoul is a mineral rich, light brown clay that blends extremely well with water making its application to the face and skin a smooth and delightful experience. Use on skin and hair - it even makes for a fabulous shampoo; mix a small amount of powder in your favorite shampoo - wash and rinse. Super cleansing!
Directions for use:
- Add a small amount of clay into a bowl.
- Pour water on top of the clay until it just covers it.
- Let clay absorb the water for 2-3 minutes. Add more water if needed. Clay should not be runny.
- Mix with spoon.
- Apply to your face/body (To your preferred thickness).
- Let mask stay of face/body for 15-20 minutes. Do not let mask dry completely.
- Use warm water to remove the mask. You do not need to use soap.
- After you remove the mask, apply a moisturizer. The clay will absorb moisture from the skin along with any impurities.
*It's best to use the clay after a shower or bath. :)
*External use only.
I was afraid at first as to how to mix this because there is no exact measurements. But, I just added a little water at a time until I thought the mix was a good consistency. I applied a good amount all over my face (excuse the picture) after a shower. After letting the mask stay on my face for about twenty minutes, I noticed my skin was firmer and much softer.
The first time I used the mask, I forgot to use a moisturizer right after. Not a good idea. My skin felt really soft but after a few minutes, my face felt so dry and tight. So, make sure to add a good layer of moisturizer after use.
The clay is odorless and applies very nicely. I have yet to use the clay anywhere else on my body. I'd love to try it on my legs :)
*Samples sent to me for review.
Check out Zakia's website for info and to see their line of products :)